Monday, May 10, 2010

Smell the Flowers While You Can


A visual intermission...

Last week, I had to shoot a "fashion" image for a "fragrance" advertisement. I have been pretty out-of-the-loop lately, feeling largely removed from the throng of stylish, good-looking women who politely pose in front of my camera while I snap away. My gaze separates me from my female subjects in a surprising way. The separation is something I've only recently recognized. I can hardly embrace my feminine self, and I'm a little out of touch with any grace I might still have, but I continuously look for it in other people. And so, photographing beautiful people is a funny thing. I think I've totally disassociated lately.

In the end, thanks to Lisa for wandering aimlessly through the trails with me to make this photograph everything that it is.

No comments: