Friday, June 4, 2010

Final


I realize that nearly everyone has seen all of the photos included in this series thanks to my diligent bloggage, but I think presentation is important, and sequencing these took some time. I wrote a forward that sort of explains, I suppose, my intent... I might have gone too far into it, or maybe I didn't go far enough, but I'll leave you to your own assessments. In any case, I wanted to get it just right, but I am never fully satisfied with my words.

Thanks to e.e. cummings for the inspiration behind the title, the support of my classmates and fellow photographers, and the brave souls who volunteered for this project and made my last quarter of college profoundly meaningful in ways you cannot imagine. I am honored to have witnessed your tears and to have, in the process, shared my own. It was an emotional journey that hopefully reinvents itself in further work I produce. As usual, the success lies not in the images themselves but in the experience.

1 comment:

peter hoffman said...

Hey Erica,

This was a really, really nice set of work. Looks like you really pushed yourself and more importantly it gave people (including yourself) a chance to get past just pictures. Hope it was well received and I hope you put it out there and submit it to various outlets so that more people can see it.

Let me know when you get into Chicago, I'll be there fairly often this summer.